Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Crazy First Day of School!











Well we had our first whole day of school today. Of course it was a crazy day! I woke up at 5:15 and got on the computer and we had no internet. I do not remember the last time that I could not connect to the internet and it has to happen on the first day of school. This puts a damper on our school day because most of Nichole's classes are online. Of course SHE was not disappointed :). So, I spent the entire day on the phone with the phone company and Dell just to have them blame it on each other. Well we finally fixed the problem just in time to go pick Erik up from school. She did finish up her school day when we got home. While we waited to get online, Nichole and I started Jamie-Lynn's Letter of the Week and her devotions. It was really sweet to watch Nichole "teaching" her baby sister. Jamie-Lynn learned that God gave us food and that a baby cow is called a calf. She started on the letter A and the number 1. Overall we had a wonderful first day. It was nice getting back to a schedule. I hope that it only gets better. I look forward to bonding with the girls and learning along with them. After school the girls made Banana Bread so of course I had to post some pictures. Oh my, I almost forgot to post about my wonderful great husband that brought home a new dishwasher today. It was a total surprise!!! I have not had one in 5 or 6 years. I mentioned to him a while back that once I start homeschooling I am probably going to need a dishwasher. I am so blessed to have the best husband and kids in the world!!!!








0 comments: